This page has moved to a new address.

Planning for the day I grow up

Peaches & Maple: Planning for the day I grow up

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Planning for the day I grow up


 One morning not long after Christmas I woke up and thought, "What am I going to do now?"
I'd been homeschooling the kids for the last two terms of last year and then had them home on holidays for too many weeks to bother counting and suddenly, with them starting at a new school, I was looking at the prospect of quite a lot of free time...which if I'm completely honest felt a little bit scary.
So I sat there for quite a long while surfing the interwebs looking for some magical answer, imploring the Google-machine to tell me what to do, when I found myself at my old uni log in page. Apparently my enrolment was still current and my poor neglected psychology degree that I cast aside in 2011 seemed to be calling out to me. Just seven subjects and you're done you silly twat, it screamed at me. That's just one more year! 
And I figured, what the hell? Yes, I have dreams to pursue more creative endeavours in my life but I suppose it's high time I had a grown up sort of back up plan, just in case those creative whims disappear in a puff of smoke. 
The last four weeks since the kids started school have flown by and I must say I'm so proud of how well they've settled into the new routine. But now it's time to throw another ball into the air and just keep juggling away.
So if you find me a little absent around here it's because I'm up to my elbows in T- tests and Chi-squares and my brain is probably leaking out of my ear.
 Have a great day peeps!
Cas x

9 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 26, 2013 , Blogger Unknown said...

Go girl!!! You'll smash it. Now what do I want to do when I grow up? Hmmmmm

 
At Tuesday, February 26, 2013 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be proud of yourself when you finish it. Education is something that you will have forever... :-) Welcome to uni live.... Cheers Wendy

 
At Tuesday, February 26, 2013 , Blogger Desire Empire said...

Ah a psychology major. You are a women of many talents. Here's an idea for a post. "The psychology of blogging". Looks like you are in for an interesting year.
Carolyn

 
At Tuesday, February 26, 2013 , Blogger Kate Nyquist said...

Congrats to you babe! That's awesome news! Kate xx

 
At Tuesday, February 26, 2013 , Blogger beachcomber said...

all the best in your studies! i majored in psychology in my teaching course a very long time ago.
x

 
At Tuesday, February 26, 2013 , Blogger Angels have Red Hair said...

When I wake up and think what am I going to do now...it usually involves the laundry and emptying the dishwasher. Good on you for doing something that really has the potential to change your life at some point...even if it's just a back up plan :)

 
At Tuesday, February 26, 2013 , Blogger Michelle Lisle said...

Good for you Cas, I remember when I did my interior decorators course by correspondence when my kids were in school, I loved it and I've found that I much prefer to study as an adult than I ever did as a teen.....I was too busy shopping and dating..lol.....oh and I'm still yet to grow up hehe....I'm 38!! in a few weeks but mentally I still think I'm at least 20 most days....I'll be happy when I can get back to yuppybubby and get a few more things going again once bubs not feeding so often and I have a few ideas to extend the product line....so for when we eventually grow up yes a back up is always a good idea....xo

 
At Wednesday, February 27, 2013 , Blogger Catherine said...

That sounds great Cass! Good luck with your studies ;)

 
At Wednesday, February 27, 2013 , Blogger Hip Brown said...

That sounds very serious Cas... always good to be serious every now and then, just incase. Think this year will fly on by ;-0. Dont be too much of a stranger, shall miss you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home