This page has moved to a new address.

Holy agave batman!

Peaches & Maple: Holy agave batman!

Sunday 24 February 2013

Holy agave batman!

I got that old familiar buzz of excitement from doing something new to make the house pretty over the weekend. My dad bought me a whole heap of agave pups from his garden so I decided to use them in the potted garden I recently started to put together. I have officially given up on trying to obtain a rambling cottage style garden - it's just too much hard work in our climate, so until I move somewhere cooler, succulents it is. It's not much and it's being done very thriftily, but I'm beginning to see it all coming together. We also finally started a hedge of murraya along our back fence, so I'm really quite chuffed about that as our back fence is an eye sore and a half!

Now that we've done it I'm not quite certain why it's taken us so long to get around to it, but I guess that's renovating huh?
So that's basically how my weekend went...what did you get up too?
Cas x

6 Comments:

At Sunday, February 24, 2013 , Blogger In The Night Sky said...

I really love the look of agaves and have just planted my first one so I'm jealous you got a whole heap for free!

 
At Sunday, February 24, 2013 , Blogger Desire Empire said...

I got up to lots including a trade fair. Very interesting.

I love agaves, my garden is full of them cause they are hard to kill.
Carolyn

 
At Sunday, February 24, 2013 , Blogger Hip Brown said...

Marraya huh... so that's what I need to cover that wire fence of ours. Our backyard is so a boys backyard, which is useful but it could look better! You will have to post a pic when it grows a little, would love to see it! Your succulents look great, they are so hardy! xx

 
At Monday, February 25, 2013 , Blogger paisleysummer said...

Cottage gardens can be high maintenance unless you're into the really unruly look! Even in a cool climate. Agaves always look great. Fantastic to get some freebies x

 
At Monday, February 25, 2013 , Blogger vintagemovement said...

Agaves are fantastic - that looks like a lovely thriving big pup! We inherited tiny dying ones from my mother in law hmmm... ;-)!. xx Tina

 
At Tuesday, February 26, 2013 , Blogger Catherine said...

I love agaves - I have a huge clump in the backyard that I keep thinking I need to separate, but have no idea how!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home