This page has moved to a new address.

Country coastal with a dash of oriental spice

Peaches & Maple: Country coastal with a dash of oriental spice

Thursday 14 February 2013

Country coastal with a dash of oriental spice

These are a few of my new favourite things I picked up from Target last week.....
I'm not usually a huge fan of oriental decor, but how could I walk by these colours?!
They definitely work well with the blues, greens and sandy colours of the coast.
Then again, maybe a touch of the orient already works around here. I mean, I already have my Grandma's beautiful old oriental-inspired tea set, which I adore. And goodness knows I love a paper lantern or two hundred.
Is my decorating style becoming Country-coastal-oriental?
Well, even if it doesn't have quite the same ring to it, it has certainly become quite eclectic to say the least, because I am a huge fan of smashing styles, patterns, colours and ideas together to see how they work. It's really quite interesting to see different styles harmonising.
Which decorating styles are you playing around with right now?

Have a great weekend!
Cas x

6 Comments:

At Thursday, February 14, 2013 , Blogger Desire Empire said...

I'm finding it hard doing any decorating actually . Loving your oriental blues
Carolyn

 
At Thursday, February 14, 2013 , Blogger Angels have Red Hair said...

I was only reading a Target catalogue this morning and admiring all the gorgeous blue and aqua homewares they had.....it all looks fabulous...as usual :0)

 
At Thursday, February 14, 2013 , Blogger Michelle Lisle said...

I'm just playing around with keeping the house organised at the moment hehe...but am having our new bed delivered today and hopefully the new bookcase in the next week or two....woohoo.....xo

 
At Thursday, February 14, 2013 , Blogger vintagemovement said...

Your Grandma's tea set is just gorgeous Cas... loving the loot from Target!. xx Tina

 
At Friday, February 15, 2013 , Blogger Unknown said...

I've been admiring these too!

 
At Saturday, February 23, 2013 , Blogger Unknown said...

Love those target finds. I wish we had a decent target here that would stock the homewares goodies. I have those mugs and I love them! Loving your whole theme. The colours tie it all in beautifully. I'm toying with a little more scandi in my life to lighten things up a bit and keep it a little more fun. I'll never give up my vintage stuff though;) x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home