This page has moved to a new address.

11 things you never knew you wanted to know about me

Peaches & Maple: 11 things you never knew you wanted to know about me

Tuesday 23 April 2013

11 things you never knew you wanted to know about me

The other day I received a lovely shout out from Natalie from In the Night Sky when she passed on a Liebster Award to me. 
According to the rules I am supposed to answer these 11 questions that Natalie has asked me and then tell you 11 random things you never knew you wanted to know about me. So here goes:

1. Do you have any pets?
Why yes I do. Due to my inability to say no when it comes to the feathered, furred and finned, I practically run a small zoo. We have a budgie named Lavender, a cat named Greebo, two fighting fish named Peanut and Iggy, four guinea pigs named Cookie, Nibbler, Popcorn and Caramel Cake Face, and two dogs - a black lab named Jackson and a border collie named Chloe. 

 2. What is your favourite beverage, alcoholic or non-alcoholic?
I like a sauv blanc or three with lots of ice.

3. What is your dream career or job?
Ahhh....well, that's the question isn't it? Something creative where I get to be my own boss. 

4. How would you describe your style (in décor or fashion)?
Decor - casual and relaxed with lots of white, country neutrals and coastal blues and greens
Fashion - Ditto


5. Do you have a guilty pleasure & what is it?
A few...mostly involving sugar, carbs and alcohol


6. What is your favourite annual holiday? Easter, Christmas, etc? 
My birthday should be an annual holiday, but since it's not, Christmas is a lot of fun. 


7. Is this your first time writing for the public?
Pretty much.


8. How do you manage your 'blogging' time in your day to day life? 
I blog when the mood takes me, which is usually two or three times a week.

9. What has been the biggest surprise you have found with blogging? 
The fantastic people I've met and friendships I've formed.


10. Does your family support your blogging habit or do you live in fear of an intervention? 
Yeah they're pretty cool about it. My Instagram habit on the other hand.....

11. Have you developed any rules or have advice yet, to share with bloggers?
I have learnt a lot about blogging over the past two years, but I think the most important thing to remember is to write from the heart - I know that's a major cliche, but if you don't feel something when you write, then your readers won't feel anything when they read.

And now for the 11 things you never wanted to know about me:

  1. I am a die-hard science-fiction and fantasy nerd 
  2. I'm really socially awkward and shy
  3. My dream is to eventually live in a big, old Queenslander 
  4. I firmly believe that laughter is the best medicine
  5. I am moved to tears a lot...when I'm happy, sad, scared, angry, proud...it can be a bit embarrassing!
  6. I rarely watch the news and current affairs programs make me cringe
  7. I've had a recurring nightmare about a plane crashing for as long as I can remember
  8. I've got a really weak tummy
  9. I've always loved headwear. When I was a kid I would get around with all sorts of stuff on my head - my undies, washing basket lids, mums doilies. These days I'm happy with fedoras, berets and bandanas ;))
  10. My head is full of interesting, but essentially useless bits of trivia. Seriously, I have been asked the question "Why do you know that?" on more than one occasion
  11. I can fall asleep pretty much anywhere. Like a freaking cat ;)
Okay? You are feeling so enlightened right now, aren't you? 
Moving right along. 
The next step in the Liebster process is to pass the award on to 11 other bloggers with less than 300 hundred followers and ask them 11 questions. I'm not going to bother about the followers bit though because I think there is too much emphasis placed on that in this blogging gig and I'm too lazy to ask new questions so the 11 I answered will do nicely methinks ;) Here are a few blogs, written by awesome ladies, that I read regularly:


Okily dokily, that's it from me and I'll catch you all next time!
Cas x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home