This page has moved to a new address.

Reset day ramblings

Peaches & Maple: Reset day ramblings

Sunday 14 April 2013

Reset day ramblings

 Today the kids went back to school, after three weeks holiday, for the beginning of term two at their new school. After I dropped them off I found to my great astonishment that I was a little bit teary. Being a mum is a funny old thing, I swear, I thought I was chomping at the bit to get them back to school and get myself some peace and quiet for six whole hours! 
Or maybe I'm just PMSing. Whatever. 
But I find the best medicine for me when I'm having a bit of a sad is to get myself to ye olde coffee shop, get a shot of caffeine into me, come home and zhoosh the hell out of the place....which, it occurs to me, might be considered by some people to be a bit sad in itself, but again, whatever.
My best zhooshing often occurs on reset day, which for those of you who don't already know, is the day that I get all the cleaning and washing done and the house looks the way that it should, you know, like I've pressed a big reset button on it all. I usually have an extra large reset day after school holidays, so that's what I've been up to today. Resetting and zhooshing...and taking photos to remember it by ;)).
Cas x  






6 Comments:

At Sunday, April 14, 2013 , Blogger beachcomber said...

gorgeous! your house is looking so beautiful. you've inspired me to tidy up.
x

 
At Monday, April 15, 2013 , Blogger paisleysummer said...

Gorgeous! I love that feeling of having everything looking great and under control. and then everything just goes downhill!! x

 
At Monday, April 15, 2013 , Blogger Natasha in Oz said...

I need to tidy up big time after seeing this! I love your succulents/terrarium.

Best wishes and have a great week.
Natasha in Oz

PS How was school? Hope it was a great success!

 
At Monday, April 15, 2013 , Blogger Unknown said...

I need a big reset day. My boy only went back today. My house is covered in packing boxes. I can't stand the mess - just want to move and have a clean house.

 
At Monday, April 15, 2013 , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks lovely and fresh, love the blackboard!

 
At Tuesday, April 16, 2013 , Blogger Catherine said...

A reset day - I like the idea of that. One day hen both kids are in some kind of care I will schedule one EVERY week :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home